F5 Networks vs SKUDONET
Choosing the right ADC platform is critical. We want you to have the best information possible to do so.
F5, Inc specializes in application security, multi-cloud management, online fraud prevention, application delivery networking (ADN) & performance.
SKUDONET® began its public release in October 2010, and we have not stopped refining security, scalability, and high availability technology ever since.
Strengths & Weaknesses: F5 Networks & SKUDONET
See how SKUDONET and F5 BIG-IP compare across some of the most critical ADC capabilities.
F5 Network’s Strengths
- Has a solid and long-standing understanding of the ADC market and has the capability to address complex application environments.
- Possesses a broad product profile and has strongest brand awareness in the market.
- Provides multiple security, remote access, performance and application delivery capabilities.
- F5´s Silverine cloud-based services provide ADC functionality for on-premises and cloud-resident applications.
- Disruptive vision with a stable growth as challengers in the ADC market, with an agile team and engaged community.
- Innovation driven with Open Source technology with no vendor lock-in and broad platforms integration (hardware, virtual, bare metal and cloud).
- Very high cost-effective solutions without limitation products and services, suitable for both midsize organizations and large enterprises.
- Investment in R&D to deliver a technology driven by easiness, performance and security.
- Is a complete ADC (Application Delivery Controller) that could manage all kinds of network protocols (UDP, TCP, HTTP/S, SCTP, SIP, T/FTP, …) but also with a combination of all of them simultaneously and multiport capabilities; and it’s not oriented to licensed features.
- Its operating system is fully optimized for networking so it is capable to move in layer 7 more than 140 thousand concurrent users and in layer 4 more than 10 million concurrent users with only 2 dedicated cores.
- Ability to create configuration backups, easy cluster configuration, automatic replication from one node to another and stateful cluster with real time sessions replications that permits a failover between nodes without losing any connection.
- Provides an integrated IPDS security system with real time black hole lists, DoS protection, black/white listing and protection of the most common network attacks.
- Provides a very UX graphic interface for both operators and network engineers in Angular 2 technology.
- Automation capabilities thanks to it’s fully programmable REST+JSON API.
F5 Network’s Weaknesses
- Is the most expensive ADC on the market.
- Has not adequately addressed the requirements associated with experimental or not well defined initiatives.
- Gartners clients and survey results confirm that the complexity of managing F5 BIG-IP functions is a primary concern.
- Relies heavily on selling redundant ADC pairs which drives up the customer’s costs of ownership.
- Young brand as an open source company and yet to develop a big influence than other more established vendors.
- Needs to develop a broader partnership network.
Proud to be open, Open for being easier
We do not believe in limitations per core, memory or throughput. Our ADC solution performs with the maximum resources available.
We research and develop open high technology to gather the best performance, scalability and high availability.
We design user experience and automated interfaces to make application reliability technology easy.
Our agile Team always available to make your life easier and your challenges made true.
How to migrate ADC services from F5 BIG-IP to SKUDONET
As web applications scale, the need for a reliable Delivery controller is paramount. Deploying SKUDONET ADC ensures that one is able to monitor the entire network both on and off-premise. High-speed delivery of an application is essential if a company website is a lead generation machine. In this article, we will discuss the basic concepts in F5 BIG IP and what they translate to when using SKUDONET ADC.
Need Help Choosing the Version that Best Matches Your Needs?
CONTACT US AND WE WILL ASSIST YOU WITH OUR CUSTOMISED ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS
If you need help choosing the custom Enterprise load balancer that best suits you and your business, our technical support team will advise you on everything you need. We’ll help you through the process of strengthening your cyber defense, with customised load balancing solutions.