ALTEON NETWORK LOAD BALANCER
Radware vs SKUDONET
Choosing the right ADC platform is critical. We want you to have the best information possible to do so.
Radware® (NASDAQ: RDWR), is a global leader of cyber security and application delivery solutions for physical, cloud, and software defined data centers.
SKUDONET® began its public release in October 2010, and we have not stopped refining security, scalability, and high availability technology ever since.
Strengths & Weaknesses: Radware & SKUDONET
See how SKUDONET ADC and ALTEON NETWORK LOAD BALANCER compare across some of the most critical ADC capabilities.
- Alteon Network Load Balancer offers a deep and broad set of security capabilities and performance features integrated with its ADC features.
- Provides very flexible deployment and delivery options including the capital expenditure and operating expenditure.
- Provides out-of-the-box integration with leading orchestration solutions.
- Supports high virtualization density on all of its appliances.
- Provides investment protection through a five-year longevity guarantee on its ADC platforms.
- Disruptive vision with a stable growth as challengers in the ADC market, with an agile team and engaged community.
- Innovation driven with Open Source technology with no vendor lock-in and broad platforms integration (hardware, virtual, bare metal and cloud).
- Very high cost-effective solutions without limitation products and services, suitable for both midsize organizations and large enterprises.
- Investment in R&D to deliver a technology driven by easiness, performance and security.
- Is a complete ADC (Application Delivery Controller) that could manage all kinds of network protocols (UDP, TCP, HTTP/S, SCTP, SIP, T/FTP, …) but also with a combination of all of them simultaneously and multiport capabilities; and it’s not oriented to licensed features.
- Its operating system is fully optimized for networking so it is capable to move in layer 7 more than 140 thousand concurrent users and in layer 4 more than 10 million concurrent users with only 2 dedicated cores.
- Ability to create configuration backups, easy cluster configuration, automatic replication from one node to another and stateful cluster with real time sessions replications that permits a failover between nodes without losing any connection.
- Provides an integrated IPDS security system with real time black hole lists, DoS protection, black/white listing and protection of the most common network attacks.
- Provides a very UX graphic interface for both operators and network engineers in Angular 2 technology.
- Automation capabilities thanks to it’s fully programmable REST+JSON API.
- Customers refer the GUI of Alteon Network Load Balancer as an area for improvement, based on inquiry and research surveys.
- Underperforms in marketing and brand recognition.
- Does not currently support SSL VPN functionality or provide a containerized ADC instance form factor.
- Operates globally however its coverage and routes to the market are not as comprehensive as some of its competitors.
- Young brand as an open source company and yet to develop a big influence than other more established vendors.
- Needs to develop a broader partnership network.
Proud to be open, Open for being easier
We do not believe in limitations per core, memory or throughput. Our ADC solution performs with the maximum resources available.
We research and develop open high technology to gather the best performance, scalability and high availability.
We design user experience and automated interfaces to make application reliability technology easy.
Our agile Team always available to make your life easier and your challenges made true.
Migrate configurations from Alteon Network Load Balancer to SKUDONET ADC
Alteon Network Load Balancer is the ADC enterprise product of Radware, while DefensePro ensures security and traffic monitoring. With Radware products like Alteon Network Load Balancer, you may acknowledge its security features, the flexibility of deployment, and its support for multiple virtualizations of all Radware appliances on most virtualization platforms. But then, why do you have to rethink your choice to use another ADC?
This article will guide you on how to set up SKUDONET ADC based on Radware configurations.
Need Help Choosing the Version that Best Matches Your Needs?
CONTACT US AND WE WILL ASSIST YOU WITH OUR CUSTOMISED ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS
If you need help choosing the custom Enterprise load balancer that best suits you and your business, our technical support team will advise you on everything you need. We’ll help you through the process of strengthening your cyber defense, with customised load balancing solutions.