Brocade vs SKUDONET
Choosing the right ADC platform is critical. We want you to have the best information possible to do so.
Brocade specializes in storage networking products. The company is known for its Fibre Channel storage networking products and technology.
SKUDONET® began its public release in October 2010, and we have not stopped refining security, scalability, and high availability technology ever since.
Strengths & Weaknesses: Brocade & SKUDONET
See how SKUDONET and Brocade ADC compare across some of the most critical ADC capabilities.
- Brocade ADC features, licensing options and roadmaps are well-aligned with organizations looking to deploy ADC within their virtual or cloud developments.
- Provides a no-cost, license free developer edition that is fully featured and can be acquired in one click.
- Offers an advanced pricing model that provides consumption based billing.
- Brocade has a containerized ADC form factor in the market for several years, well ahead of other ADC competitors.
- Disruptive vision with a stable growth as challengers in the ADC market, with an agile team and engaged community.
- Innovation driven with Open Source technology with no vendor lock-in and broad platforms integration (hardware, virtual, bare metal and cloud).
- Very high cost-effective solutions without limitation products and services, suitable for both midsize organizations and large enterprises.
- Investment in R&D to deliver a technology driven by easiness, performance and security.
- Is a complete ADC (Application Delivery Controller) that could manage all kinds of network protocols (UDP, TCP, HTTP/S, SCTP, SIP, T/FTP, …) but also with a combination of all of them simultaneously and multiport capabilities; and it’s not oriented to licensed features.
- Its operating system is fully optimized for networking so it is capable to move in layer 7 more than 140 thousand concurrent users and in layer 4 more than 10 million concurrent users with only 2 dedicated cores.
- Ability to create configuration backups, easy cluster configuration, automatic replication from one node to another and stateful cluster with real time sessions replications that permits a failover between nodes without losing any connection.
- Provides an integrated IPDS security system with real time black hole lists, DoS protection, black/white listing and protection of the most common network attacks.
- Provides a very UX graphic interface for both operators and network engineers in Angular 2 technology.
- Automation capabilities thanks to it’s fully programmable REST+JSON API.
- Does not offer a turnkey hardware appliance, in which hardware/software support is sourced from Brocade ADC.
- Lacks visibility in the market and was not identified as a top competitor.
- Customers have raised concerns over the discontinuation of Brocade´s legacy ADC product line, the ADX.
- Young brand as an open source company and yet to develop a big influence than other more established vendors.
- Needs to develop a broader partnership network.
*Summarised from the latest Gartner ADC report.
Proud to be open, Open for being easier
We do not believe in limitations per core, memory or throughput. Our ADC solution performs with the maximum resources available.
We research and develop open high technology to gather the best performance, scalability and high availability.
We design user experience and automated interfaces to make application reliability technology easy.
Our agile Team always available to make your life easier and your challenges made true.
Migrate From Brocade ADC to SKUDONET
Brocade ADC is part of Broadcom Inc products and provides load balancing, traffic management, and security for web applications.
We gathered more drawbacks, and SKUDONET Team is working resiliently to use all suggestions to improve SKUDONET ADC. However, some of these limitations may depend on your specific deployment scenario.
Need Help Choosing the Version that Best Matches Your Needs?
CONTACT US AND WE WILL ASSIST YOU WITH OUR CUSTOMISED ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS
If you need help choosing the custom Enterprise load balancer that best suits you and your business, our technical support team will advise you on everything you need. We’ll help you through the process of strengthening your cyber defense, with customised load balancing solutions.