POSTED ON 17 October, 2023
How to create a VLAN interface:
- Go to the Network > VLAN > Create VLAN page.
- In the Parent Interface drop-down list, select the NIC interface that you want to create the VLAN interface on.
- In the IP Address field, enter the IP address for the new VLAN interface.
- In the Netmask/CIDR field, enter the subnet mask for the new VLAN interface.
- In the Gateway field, optionally enter a default gateway for the new VLAN interface.
- In the MAC field, either generate a random MAC address by clicking the Generate random MAC button, or enter a custom MAC address.
- In the VLAN ID field, enter a unique number for the new VLAN interface. An integer between 1 – 4094
- Click the Apply button to create the new VLAN interface.
If you are unhappy with the changes, you can click the Revert changes button to revert to the previous configuration.
- IPv4 and IPv6 stacks are supported, but the Netmask and Gateway fields must be configured in the same stack as the IP address.
- The VLAN ID must be unique and must start with the name of the parent interface, followed by the VLAN tag, separated by a dot. The total length of the Parent Interface and VLAN name must be less than 16 characters.
Next Article: Network | VLAN | Update
Documentation under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.