POSTED ON 17 October, 2023
To update or modify a VLAN interface in SKUDONET:
- Go to the Network > VLAN section.
- Locate the VLAN interface you want to update or modify.
- Hover over the VLAN interface and Click the Edit button
- Make the necessary changes to the following attributes:
- VLAN ID: A unique identification that easily identifies a VLAN interface in the system. VLAN ID can not be edited.
- VLAN tag: The tag number being used by the VLAN interface. This tag is also not editable.
- IP Address: The network-layer IP address of the VLAN. Supports both IPv4 and IPv6. This field is mandatory and the Netmask field must be set if DHCP is disabled.
- Netmask/CIDR: The Netmask of the VLAN interface. Supports Network mask format or CIDR (0 to 32 bits) when using IPv4 or only CIDR (0 to 128 bits) when using IPv6. This field is mandatory and the Address field must also be set if DHCP is disabled.
- Gateway: The default gateway (IPv4 or IPv6) used by the VLAN interface.
- MAC: The link-layer MAC address of the VLAN interface. Generate a new random valid MAC address by clicking the Generate random MAC button, or configure a new custom MAC address. In case of changing a custom MAC address, do this with caution to avoid MAC address duplication.
- To save the changes, click on the Apply button.
When the configuration is updated, the VLAN interface will surface.
Next Article: Network | Virtual Interface
Documentation under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.